Review of "This is What Happy Looks Like" by Jennifer E. Smith




This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

Genre:
YA/Romance

Page Count: 416

Plot:
"When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds. 


Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs" 

Review: Jennifer E. Smith's YA romance novels are always so adorable and I seem to find myself totally in love with them each time. Although The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is still my favorite by her, This is What Happy Looks Like is no less worth reading. It's longer and the characters seem like Smith was trying to flesh them out more, but they will occasionally border on cliched. It's a classic romance story - the superstar and the small town girl - but with a very interesting twist. 

The way that their relationship plays out is adorable and I am one hundred percent in love with their love. As a single girl, I can definitely say this is one of those books that makes me wish that I had someone to watch the sunrise with and talk about what happy looks like. Instead, I have this book to make me happy and Graham Larkin to daydream about. 

It's a refreshingly adorable love story with two interesting characters that is something I'm thoroughly glad that I got the chance to read. I would absolutely recommend it to any of my friends, although I'd have to say that The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (also by Jennifer E. Smith) was better. 

Rating: 
 

Comments

Popular Posts