Review of "Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin




"Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin

Genre: Fantasy

Page Count: 835

Synopsis: "Summers span decades. Winter can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun.

As Warden of the north, Lord Eddard Stark counts it a curse when King Robert bestows on him the office of the Hand. His honour weighs him down at court where a true man does what he will, not what he must … and a dead enemy is a thing of beauty.
The old gods have no power in the south, Stark’s family is split and there is treachery at court. Worse, the vengeance-mad heir of the deposed Dragon King has grown to maturity in exile in the Free Cities. He claims the Iron Throne." 


Review: "Game of Thrones" was probably one of the best books that I've read so far. It's definitely not something I would normally pick up, but a couple friends made me read it and I am so glad that they did. Although it was a long book (807 pages) and took me about two weeks to complete, I absolutely loved every minute of it. The writing is fantastic and really took me away to another world. The graphic scenes were a bit off-putting and I wasn't a huge fan, but I understood the purpose and they weren't too frequent that I couldn't get through the book. 

To anyone on the fence about reading it, "Game of Thrones" is a time commitment, but you'll be glad you read it. I adored it and had a wonderful time reading it. It's definitely something you'll want to have your friends read and I was so thankful that a few of my friends had already read it since there were some points where I had to talk to someone else about it. 

The characters are honestly the best part. Each chapter is narrated by one of the main characters and for each character the writing seems to reflect their personality a little bit. All of the characters are fantastic and it's easy to see real-life qualities in each of them. My personal favorites were Dany, Arya, and Tyrion. Their chapters were my favorite, especially Dany's. 

Rating:


Comments

Popular Posts