Review of "The Ruby Circle" by Richelle Mead

8709528

*WARNING: Do not read this review if you have not read the previous books in this series.*

Page Count: 348 Pages

Publish Date: February 10th 2015

Genre: YA/Supernatural/Fantasy

Synopsis: Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

After their secret romance is exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion. When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world.

Review: It took me a long time to get around to reading this book mostly because The Vampire Academy series and spin-off series Bloodlines have been a part of my life for so long. Finishing a series isn't always sad, but finishing this one made me more emotional than I thought I would be. However, The Ruby Circle neatly wrapped up loose ends and perfectly concluded a series that I have loved,

Sydney and Adrian have both grown so much from their original appearances and are much more likable characters. They're also just an adorable couple. The character growth in these two makes reading Bloodlines worth it.

However, there was one part of this novel that kept me from giving it five stars and that was the epilogue. (SPOILER WARNING). Sydney giving up her life to raise Declan isn't the only course of action and I don't think it was necessary. I'm happy that Sydney and Adrian both are doing things other than being ridiculously young parents and that's why the ending doesn't totally upset me. It just confuses me because it didn't seem like Sydney even wanted children.

Still, this series has been so much fun and I'm so sad to see that it's over.


Hopefully, Richelle Mead will be writing more books in the Vampire Academy / Bloodlines world. I think that the ending of The Ruby Circle left room for her to continue on with more stories. It might just be wishful thinking though.

Rating: 4.5 STARS.

Comments

Popular Posts